For the longest time, traditional braces have been the go-to corrective equipment made use by orthodontics. They are still being used in some countries. Orthodontic aligner braces have been introduced into the industry and have changed the game. But for those skeptics out there, the question still remains: Do clear orthodontic clear aligners really work? We can confirm for you that they do and in so many miraculous ways. In this article, we reveal the truth about orthodontic aligners. If you have a child with misaligned teeth, you can secure a good future for them with the installation of aligners.
To describe them, orthodontic aligners are clear plastic ‘trays’ that are used to push your teeth back into their proper place. From the clear, transparent look, you can’t detect if someone is wearing a pair of aligners.
Each pair of aligners is unique to its wearer. The aligners are made using an AI that checks on your specific dental arrangement. Your orthodontic aligners will be based on an image of your teeth. Your dentist may need to take several scans and images of your teeth in the form of x-rays and digital scans. This state of the art methodology is what makes aligners favorable to other teeth corrective measures. Clear orthodontic aligners are to be worn for roughly twenty hours a day and the corrective equipment should be worn consistently for about six months to three years for proper treatment. This of course depends on many unique factors.
Due to the use of state of the art techniques, the aligners can correctly treat both incorrectly spaced and crowded teach. From the front to the back teeth, aligners are effective in correcting the movements of teeth.
However, clear aligners are not recommended for children. Orthodontic aligners are recommended for adults with fully developed teeth and jaws.
Advantages of having clear orthodontic aligners:
- The aligners are very discreet. Orthodontic treatment (be it aligners or braces) are typically used on children. While they are corrective, children wearing braces have been known to be bullied. Aligners are a good alternative.
- Aligners are smooth, giving the user less discomfort.
- They are low maintenance and require fewer visits to the dentist or orthodontist. Simple oral hygiene techniques at home are enough to keep them in good condition.
- Affordable price. Orthodontic aligner therapy has gotten cheaper over the years, thanks to stiff competition in the industry. If you were concerned about the prices, you should put that aside. Consult your medical expert if installing a pair of aligners is the best course of action for your misaligned teeth.
- The clear plastic trays can be removed at home. So whenever you want to eat, floss or brush your teeth, it is a simple task for you.